Monday, May 18, 2009

What a circus

WHEW! It has been an exhausting few days! I am NOT interested in 6 kids the oldest being 3! It has also tested my nerve as a stay at home parent. I control our situation rather well, we have a schedule, we have rules, we have manners. Bringing 2 small ones in that are unfamiliar with all of these items is MAD! I am more flustered than the kids, they've accepted them and moved on, I'm still trying to keep it all together! BUT they will be leaving us tomorrow, and I will miss them, it has been great getting reacquainted with them as toddlers when they do more than eat, sleep, and poo.
Last night I could not fall asleep for thinking about the impending doom that is to be over the next 2 days while I have 6 kids all by myself! I think it was 1:30 when I drifted off (I went to bed at 10:30) and at 4:30 I startled awake from someone crying. I went into where the twins were sleeping and he was curled up on the floor in a ball, so I moved him back to his bed and tried the next door, it was Sofia. I told her there was NO way she was waking up and stayed in her room until 5, shushing her everytime she made a noise. I got back in bed at 5 and at 5:30 I woke to another cry, it was the twins, thinking it was time to get up! So I put a blanket on the floor and everyime she poked her head over the rail I said, lay down and close your eyes for an hour, then we got up...how I wish time really knew how to fly!

Here is the only picture I have of them from 2 and a half years ago. They were SO tiny!


Here are a few pictures from last night after baths.




Alas, I think I will celebrate by doing some baking and having a coke! Tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! I definately commend you! It must be so hard to throw a couple extra children into the mix, especially with not much notice!

Alaina and Kyle said...

You are one amazing lady!! Those kids are probably thankful to be in a good home!!