Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School Memories

I am having a hard time finding inspiration in taking photos and editing and scrapbooking :) meaning I'm BLOCKED! So below are a few summer pictures that I am not sure what to do with :)

In our area today is the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! I loved school! After High School I attended college for 6 years with only one summer off! And so here I am reflecting on those days :) and thought I would share a few of my favorite school memories!

1: My Mom Dixie taking me to my first day of 7th Grade in Arco! I still remember those warm feelings and knew that it would be the start of something special!
Little did I know that there would be 2 faces a few inches from mine a few minutes after arriving, "Hi! Who are you? You are Amanda!?! I'm Sheila, this is Jenn, we are best friends, where is your locker, what is your first class?"
It went on and on! :)

2: My first College experience. I had a job set up at the LCSC Library and was SO excited for my first day of work that I woke up 3 hours early and at 6 AM arrived at the front doors and waited for an hour for the first person to arrive :) only to find out later that my shift didn't start until 10 :)

3: In the 9th grade we were required to take a quarter of Drama. I was not an actress :) so my group was the video crew :) We were assigned to recreate the OJ Simpson chase using matchbox cars and helicopters on fishing line :) zooming in at the right times, angling just right, it was SO fun!

4: My last thought for the day is one of my most favorite :) In the 10th grade I was dating an exchange student from Scotland. It was a dance, I don't remember if it was girl ask guy or not but I wrote the note, "Will you go to the dance with me" on a piece of paper and rolled it up as a joint and put it in his locker. The school officer was of course in on it :) and then brought in the DARE cop and dog-just for show-and got him out of class and said they had a suspicion of drugs in his locker and they made him open his locker and there it was, authentic looking. He was freaking out saying things like, "I could be deported, this isn't mine" and on and on. The officer with the greatest ease(he came in handy all 3 years of dance asking :)told him to open it and show him what was inside. My date with hands shaking had no reason to think it was fake slowly unrolled the paper only to discover the note HAHAHAHA and at the top of his lungs he yelled, "JO" which was a nickname(I'll explain later) Then came barreling into the office where I was watching and tackled me, he was SO mad HAHAHAHA, but it was a GREAT dance :)

If I think of anymore I will be sure to share :)






2 comments:

Laura said...

Those are awesome memories! I totally laughed out loud at numbers 2 & 4.

I love the picture of Halle jumping into the pool. She looks so fearless.

Kristin said...

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog. It made my day! Your blog is cute and your daughter is even cuter! :0)