Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Passion...MUSIC

I know! I have raved about books too much! So I thought I would share with everyone my 2nd passion...give up?

MUSIC!

I am so shocked how I can hear a song and be deliriously happy or crying my eyes out!
I have recently discovered a few new songs that do that to me!
The 1st one is Pink Warrior by Candy Coburn. It has a great beat and the first verse runs like a movie through my mind,
"She wore a pink tutu with her cowboy boots
and her big brother’s Superman cape
Shootin’ down dragons from her little red wagon
to keep the backyard safe"

Doesn't that paint a picture in your mind!
The rest of the song is about breast cancer and courage, it really is a GREAT song! The chorus is,
"She’s a pink warrior
she’s fighter like her mama always taught her to be
Got an army of angels marching around with her
Oh she won’t give in
Yeah she’s gonna win
She’s a pink warrior"

GREAT!

The 2nd one makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD! It is by Phil Vassar, Bobbi with an I. I've loved his music from the begining! This song is unconventional but it makes me want to dance, and as mentioned above LAUGH!
First verse
"Well Bobbi's been a friend since i cant remember when
We all went together to school
A linebacker, a quarterback sacker
Yeahhh Bobbi he's as strong as a mule"

And the chorus
"He isnt just one of the guys
In his pink party dress
You never would guess
He benches 335
You better watch how much you drink
He might look better than you think
If it's the big-boned girl with a platinum curl
Hey then don't be surprised
Yeah that's just Bobbi with an I"

HAHA, isn't that HILARIOUS! I can't wait to see the music video :D

Ok and I have loved this one for about 6 months or so and it makes me smile :D

Unglamorus by Lori McKenna
I LOVE IT ALL so you get the entire song!

Understated, overrated site - carnival ride
Curtains faded, thread bear rugs real nice -the baby stayed up all night

How wonderful rhinestones on black satin shoes
How beautiful the one's I never get to use
No frills, no fuss, perfectly us - unglamorous

Frozen dinner, chilly glass of wine - tastes just fine
Two bread winners, five kids in short time -with eyes just like mine

How wonderful crowded dinners at the kitchen table
How beautiful one TV set - no cable
No frills, no fuss, perfectly us - unglamorous

No diamonds in our bathtub rings
Peanut butter on everything
No frills, no fuss - unglamorous
Unglamorous

How wonderful a gravel road leading to a front door
How beautiful old wool socks on a bedroom floor
No frills, no fuss, perfectly us -unglamorous
Unglamorous
Unglamorous


Ok I love a lot of different music, not JUST country :)
The top 10 on my iPod are
10. So Small by Carrie Underwood
9. Time After Time by Quiet Drive
8. Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie
7. Ever Ever After by Carrie Underwood (from Enchanted)
6. Chasing Pavements by ADELE
5. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
4. Courage Is... by The Strange Familiar
3. I Saw the Sign by Ace of Base
2. All-American Girl by Carrie Underwood
1. The Begining by Alice Peacock

WHEW!
And the top BREAKOUT songs meaning they haven't had time enough to get on the top 10 (not all brand new just new to the computer) but I still am loving are:
5. Valerie by Steve Winwood
4. No Surprises by Daughtry
3. Life Is Good by Brittini Black (from New in Town)
2. I Am (LIVE) by Train
1. Fire on the Mountain by Rob Thomas


What are you waiting for? Get out there and look these songs up!

0 comments: