Sunday, May 3, 2009

Julie asked :)

Julie had to ask :)
Not that I mind of course :)
BUT...
I do love books!

So this series I've been raving about is fantastic!
The first book is Poison Study. I am not sure which genre it is, but I know at Barnes and Noble I found it in the Romance section? That was a mystery even to me!

So there are 3 books in the series and a new book that just came out that is another character's story continued.

If you follow the Amazon link and scroll down you can actually read the first 3 or 4 pages online!

But here is the back of the book:

"About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. As a food taster she'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace-and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.
As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear..."

That really doesn't do it justice but then again, Laura said, "You should read this book." and I did :)
So in a nutshell, the book is laced with humor, friendship, loyalty, and a bit of romance :) It kept my heart thumping and I couldn't put it down!

Yeah, yeah, I know, sounds silly, but for me books have ALWAYS been an adventure!

So then there is my TRUE love. I am gaga over LDS Fiction, especially the Historical aspect :) I looooooove it!
So at this moment a few of my favorites are:
Autumn Sky by Gale Sears
"Alaina Lund is a young eighteen year old woman helping her father work the orchards on their farm in the early Northern California days of 1913. Alaina has been her father's right hand in the orchards and loves it, then when he hires Nephi Erickson, a young man with a strange religion, she is angry. With her mother against Alaina doing a man's work, she begrudges having to learn the duties of the household. With her mother being raised in a home in San Francisco with servants, she expects Alaina and her younger siblings to do much of the work. Alaina and her siblings enjoy the comraderie of having fun, but Elizabeth doesn't approve. When a shoking accident occurs, everything is turned upside down for Alaina and her siblings. I highly recommend this first vol of a series."

The Bracelet by Jennie Hansen
England, 1844

As a servant for the wealthy Lady Burton, Georgiana Fenwick is both surprised and flattered when her mistress's son Sydney pursues her. However, he insists on a hushed romance. To prove his love, and in celebration of their planned elopement, Sydney gives her a stunning bracelet. But Georgiana quickly discovers the truth about Sydney and the cruel plan he has for her. In desperation, Georgiana decides she must flee.

When Georgiana's journey is delayed, she finds herself frantically hiding from Sydney and his deadly need to save face and exact revenge. Will a sea captain and two strangers preaching a peculiar new religion provide deliverance?

Barrington Family Saga, Vol. 1: In Search of Heaven


A strange and disturbing conversation overheard while secretly perusing the pages of the family Bible in the Barrington's study . . .

A mysterious yet intriguing book of scripture left unattended on the street . . .

An elusive new religion that beckons from halfway across the world . . .

The daunting task of becoming the governess to the Barrington children . . .

A proposal of marriage without a declaration of love . . .

Thus begins an epic that takes a young woman from a position of servitude to unrelenting challenges that will test the very limits of her courage and faith.


Ok no more stalling :) I'd better get to work feeding these children :)
Julie, I hope this satisfies your thirst for a few great books!

2 comments:

Julie N. said...

Wow! Thanks! I will have to check some of those out. I also love to read but it's always hard finding the time unless I quite sleeping!

Julie said...

You are Wonderful!! And Thanks Julie for Asking... :) I just read a new one called the Last Waltz..very good- cant pronounce or spell the authors name otherwise I would put it on here..