Monday, May 26, 2008

Gushy Stuff

I enjoyed a very peaceful/reflective holiday weekend getaway.
My DEAR husband kept the girls and I took off to the BIG city and stayed the night and spent the next day shopping shopping and SHOPPING!

While I was out I went to the movies for the first time in a LONG time and saw Prince Caspian which I LOVED!

The end song is The Call by Regina Spektor and the first verse hit me HARD! It reminds me of our entrance into adoption, and as our 4th is looming it makes it all SO MUCH MORE REAL.

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word
And then that word grew louder and louder
’Til it was a battle cry

Anyway while I was out I thought of this verse over and over again and really just found a peace in knowing and feeling and hearing...LALALA

Enough with the gushy stuff:
SO all kinds of sales going on I got the girls all kinds of summer clothes and when I got home Halle said, "Mama what did you bring me?" I said, "GUESS?" she said, "A NEW DRESS, HOORAY!" I did bring her a few new dresses I got for cheap at The Childrens Place but was sad to discover they didnt fit correctly, she didnt care she wore it and twirled and said, "What a pretty dress." She loves it when I go shopping because she loves to play dress up and try on everything I get for her :)

0 comments: