Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The secrets to keeping your sanity. Lesson 2- Bathroom Wednesday's

Cleaning the bathroom is no one's favorite pastime. Imagine my horror when I learned I would be in charge of...4 BATHROOMS!

My husband, bless him, cleans things better than anyone I know! He can take something I've worked on for an hour and have it sparkling in 10 minutes, NO JOKE!
But he doesn't do bathrooms.
I am okay with this because he does so much already.

So I set aside Wednesdays or hump day as Bathroom Wednesdays.
It helps that 3 of the bathrooms are upstairs.

Picture it...

It's Wednesday.
Payton's at school, Parker's outside, Sofia's watching a show or coloring, Sydney is napping, and Halle is doing the dishes, cleaning off the table, or sweeping, she loves to "help" so I let her as much as she wants.

I put my earbuds in my ears and my iPod in my pocket after turning up my House Cleaning Mix(no joke I'll share the songs later)
Down to the basement for a pile of clean cloths.
Into the pantry where I hang the household cleaner my husband swears by on my belt loop, tuck the toilet cleaner, Comet, and Windex under my arm, grab the broom and dust pan, and on my way out a few paper towels.

I start at the top back and work my way forward and down.
Turning on the HOT water I clear off the counter tops and spray them down with the household cleaner. Next is the mirror. Then I wipe the counter, light switches, door jams and sink with my cloth. Next I tackle the toilet. After that it's to the tubs and shower. To finish the job I change all of the towels, I sweep and mop.

I do this in every bathroom, the entire process takes about 45 minutes.
If they need me they know where to find me. Parker usually tries to "help" and brings along his own broom and dust pan. I have assigned him the job of gathering up all of the pieces of toilet paper and broken rubber bands from the floor and putting them in the toilet. He love this because he gets to flush when he's done :)

Bathrooms are done for another week unless...and I should also mention that everything is still in order every night and on Friday's I make sure the TP is stocked.

Ta-Da!
Another day down!

***
House Cleaning Mix
*Man I Feel Like a Woman by Shania
*Another Night by Real McCoy
*Let's Give Them Something to Talk About by Bonnie Raitt
*Hey Soul Sister by Train
*Gotta Be Somebody by Bucky Covington
*The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
*This by Darius Rucker
*I Do by Colbie Caillat
*Happily Ever After by He Is We

*Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland
*Break My Heart by Sara Ramirez
*Just One Kiss by Nick Carter
*Powerful Stuff by Sean Hayes
*Everyday by Sausalito Foxtrot
*Unglamorus by Lori McKenna
*I Want You to Want Me by Letters to Cleo
*Forget You by Cee Lo Green
*Breakeven by Xenia from The Voice
*Just The Way You Are by Tje Austin from The Voice

0 comments: