Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oh My Sleepless Night

Last night is probably to date the longest night of my life!

Here I sat, catching the end of Golden Girls getting ready for bed when I hear the pitter patter of little feet and two voices, "GOOD MORNING MAMA" I said, "yea right, march those little butts back upstairs right now!"
They went without a fight but about 5 minutes after my head it the pillow our bedroom light flips on and their they are, "Good morning mama"
Again I marched them back into their room, covered them up and walked out.

***A little background***
*We were worried that the girls would get up in the middle of the night and go outside and freeze so we put up a gate at the top of the stairs.
*The girls were getting up in the middle of the night and playing in their room, tearing sheets off their beds and climbing the dresser in the closet so I thought if they couldnt see they wouldnt get up so we unscrewed their lightbulbs
*They were still getting up and playing in the hall-turning the light on and off and playing with the umm power surge button that turns the power on and off in our bedroom so we covered the outlet REALLY and toggled the light switch so it cant turn on

SO after a few more times I decided to sit in there well lay in there after making sure they were changed and had a drink of water. Halle would not lay still up and down, whining, crying, restlessness. When I thought she was asleep I would sneak out and in a few minutes she would be right back in our room. This went on ALL NIGHT! I think she got 45 minutes of sleep, I put my head on the pillow and then it was time to get up.

Here it is the next night and she is out of bed 5 times already, not up but laying outside her door or at the top of the stairs...

I CANT TAKE ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT

1 comments:

Laura said...

What a bunch of stinkers!